Assistant Property Manager
Working for Spaxel Property Management means being part of a team dedicated to delivering a best in class apartment living experience. We maintain a superior group of professionals united by a common commitment to the highest level of integrity and business ethics in all of our dealings. At Spaxel Property Management we are committed to innovation, and creative problem solving. We provide our team members with constant training, and opportunities for career advancement in a fast paced environment. We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Team as a Assistant Property Manager
Location: New Jersey
The Assistant Property Manager is a business leader who focuses on resident customer service and assists in managing the operations, leasing activity, renewals, collections, financial reporting, supplies, and communications of the apartment community.
- Address the concerns of current and prospective residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Helps set the standard on how other staff members engage prospective and current residents.
- Tours and leases apartments as necessary.
- Helps with training staff as necessary and models effective sales techniques on a daily basis.
- Leads rent collection efforts, specifically with delinquent residents. This may involve lease termination and legal action if necessary.
- Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Help maintain the accuracy of resident ledgers and files.
- Inspects apartments during move-in and move outs, walking apartments and the community as needed.
- Fills the role of acting Property Manager in their absence.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet navigation skills are required
- General office, bookkeeping and sales skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role and managing staff preferred
- Previous Property Management experience preferred
- Proficient in Yardi property management software or other similar property management software preferred
- Must be able to list up to 15lbs. on an occasional basis. Ability to tour the property with prospects on an occasional basis is required.
- General office conditions. May be exposed periodically to weather elements when touring the property.