Working for Spaxel Property Management means being part of a team dedicated to delivering a best in class apartment living experience. We maintain a superior group of professionals united by a common commitment to the highest level of integrity and business ethics in all of our dealings. At Spaxel Property Management we are committed to innovation, and creative problem solving. We provide our team members with constant training, and opportunities for career advancement in a fast paced environment. We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Team as a leasing consultant.
The Leasing Consultant position is the primary point of contact for residents and prospective residents. Providing outstanding customer service and demonstrating sales excellence are essential. The Leasing Consultant will guide prospects in choosing their next apartment home and will support residents throughout the duration of their residency.
- Performs all sales and leasing activities to achieve the community’s revenue and occupancy goals by greeting prospects, conducting community tours and showing apartments, processing applications, credit screenings and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
- Inspects apartments prior to resident move-in and ensures apartments are in move-in ready condition and schedules any outstanding item to be addressed with the maintenance team.
- Greet prospective residents and create a personal connection while determining housing needs and preferences.
- Professionally present the community and apartments, explaining specific features and benefits.
- Correctly complete all lease related documents, assist with application verification, and notify prospective residents of results in a timely manner.
- Manage and convert prospect leads into leases to achieve leasing goals. Follow up with all leads and prospects that did not lease.
- Assist in the preparation of move-ins such as walking apartment, preparing move-in gift, preparing move-in packages as directed by the Manager.
- Familiar with the surrounding neighborhood and ready to confidently share information with prospects and residents.
- Contribute ideas for improving resident satisfaction to the Community Manager.
- Participate in a monthly property renewal program with informative letters, friendly telephone calls, and/or other means of encouraging communication as needed to increase resident retention.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- 2-3 years of sales experience, with at least 1 year of apartment leasing experience.
- Customer service orientation with problem solving mindset.
- Champion the Spaxel Promise, Core Values, Service Standards and Manifesto.
- Knowledge of community, pricing and availability as well as neighborhood and local community.
- Ability to clearly communicate benefits of community and surrounding area.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing laws.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic; such as, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, plus hands-on experience with YARDI and Knock CRM is preferred.