Live-in Building Superintendent
The Superintendent is responsible for the overall facilities maintenance, operations and security of the property.
Location: New Jersey
The position requires performance in a wide range of areas to the buildings, grounds, and equipment. It requires a working knowledge of the following, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Plumbing: Replacing hot/cold plumbing fixtures; sweating pipes; replacing hot water tanks, baseboard units and valves; cleaning drains; replacing or resurfacing of faucet seats; installing/replacing toilets and disposals/sinks. This may involve working in cramped quarters and, at times, lifting of heavy objects.
- Electrical: Wiring and troubleshooting, as well as maintenance/testing of smoke detectors, fire alarms, receptacles, switches, light fixtures, fuses and circuit breakers replacements.
- Carpentry: Re-hanging and/or replacement of doors; repair and/or replacement of windows, floors, cabinets, etc.
- Roofing: Inspecting, caulking and replacing shingles for emergency repairs.
- Heating and Hot Water Systems: Changing zone valves, blower motors, filters, thermostats and copper pipes. Air Conditioning Systems: Cleaning the coils, change filters, replace the units, as needed.
- Grounds Maintenance: Trimming trees and shrubs; planting; fertilizing; snow blowing and shoveling; de-grassing brick and stone areas; spring and fall clean‐up.
- Painting interior and/or exterior as needed, and limited to touch‐ups not full‐site painting.
- Tile Floors: Replacing and repairing tile floors.
- Monitor work order system in conjunction with the site manager. Maintain high quality service while efficiently correcting any maintenance Work Orders that come in through the system in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program.
- Responds to emergency requirements and either performs or contracts work to be performed as quickly as possible.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates with site manager unit inspections performed by any third party.
- Performs annual unit inspections and follows up with work orders to repair any deficiencies found.
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
- On call for Emergencies. If Superintendent vacates the property and/or has other engagements, it is their responsibility to find another Superintendent to cover their building.
$14-$20/hour. On-site Apartment will be provided.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place