Design Manager – Multi-Family Residential Development
If you have a passion for multi-family residential development and possess the qualifications and skills mentioned above, we invite you to join our dynamic team as a Design Manager and contribute to the success of our projects.
- Design Development Leadership: Take ownership of the entire design development process, starting from test fit and concept design, and progressing through construction documentation and construction administration.
- Stakeholder Coordination: Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to gather technical and business requirements, translating them into clear directives for the consultant team while considering site-specific conditions.
- Schedule Management: Manage the design schedule in collaboration with internal and external business partners to ensure that deliverables align with internal milestones, facilitating timely project execution.
- Design Concept Development: Create design concept documents, presentation drawings, and provide design detail direction when necessary, ensuring that the project vision is effectively communicated.
- Quality Assurance: Review design development, construction documents, shop drawings, and respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) to ensure comprehensive design and system coordination, maintaining design integrity.
- Consultant Scope Coordination: Possess the ability to comprehend and communicate work letters to consultant scopes, facilitating seamless collaboration.
- Multi-Project Management: Demonstrate agility in shifting focus between tasks to successfully manage multiple design projects simultaneously, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Construction Input Integration: Engage with fabrication, construction management, and estimating departments to gather additional technical and construction input, identifying and mitigating construction risks.
- Technical Insight: Provide technical insight during meetings to ensure a unified understanding of design drawings and their budget implications, collaborating with external designers, construction managers, and support engineering teams in weekly task force planning meetings as needed.
- Risk Mitigation: Work closely with external A/E firms, internal construction, estimating, and engineering teams during project construction pursuits to identify design risks and optimization opportunities. Recommend, track, and document contract change orders related to construction design to maintain accurate and compliant project controls.
- Professional degree in architecture or engineering; or proven equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience in the A/E industry, demonstrating a deep understanding of the design and construction processes.
- Design management or A/E firm experience preferred.
- Proficiency in software tools such as Revit, AutoCAD, Procore, and Bluebeam, essential for effective design project management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to convey ideas through drawings and sketches.
- Strong coordination skills across various design disciplines, with the ability to lead external consultants.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and organizational abilities.
- A results-driven approach to project management, ensuring successful project outcomes.
Spaxel owns, operates and develops distinctive real estate projects with a focus on affordable and moderate income housing. Spaxel leverages best-in-class, bleeding-edge technology and innovative operating models to execute faster, smarter and more efficiently than traditional operators.
Spaxel’s executive leadership has managed billions of dollars across the capital stack and developed and operated millions of square feet of residential and commercial assets. Our principals also hail from top tier technology companies, venture capital firms and tech-enabled real estate operators, enabling Spaxel to be one of the most “digitally-native” firms within the real estate industry.
Spaxel currently employees over 160 professionals across our in-house acquisitions, development, construction and property management businesses. www.spaxel.com
Applicants should send your CV to email@example.com. In the subject line, please specify the position you are applying for.
Instructions for applying
Applicants should send their CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line, please specify the position you are applying for “ Design Manager”
Spaxel will contact only short-listed candidates.