We are seeking highly motivated software engineering interns to join our team. The intern will
work on a variety of projects, including designing and implementing new features, fixing bugs,
and improving the overall performance of our software. The ideal candidate should have a strong
background in computer science, as well as experience with at least one modern programming
• Creating new applications or updating existing applications based on user requirements
and engineering direction. Debugging computer code to fix errors and improve
performance. Testing software for bugs or other issues that may affect functionality or the
• Create new software prototypes of new apps and features for potential incorporation into
• Interact with engineers and business teams. Communicating with them about project
status and issues that arise
• Improve coding abilities by being introduced to new tools and programming languages.
• Improve presenting and communication abilities (both oral and written)
• Create and code appropriate solutions from broadly described challenges. Develop
solutions that are fault-tolerant and simple-to-manage. Write unit and integration tests for
• Work in a fast-paced workplace to produce high-quality software.
• Participate in daily standup and have succinct updates about what they did the previous
day, are they planning to work next, and if they have any blockers
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in software engineering
• Understanding of computer science fundamentals
• School or work experience with at least one modern programming language (such as C#,
• Familiarity with Git, Linux, and other development tools a plus
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong team player who is eager to learn and grow.
Spaxel owns, operates and develops distinctive real estate projects with a focus on affordable and moderate income housing. Spaxel leverages best-in-class, bleeding-edge technology and innovative operating models to execute faster, smarter and more efficiently than traditional operators.
Spaxel’s executive leadership has managed billions of dollars across the capital stack and developed and operated millions of square feet of residential and commercial assets. Our principals also hail from top tier technology companies, venture capital firms and tech-enabled real estate operators, enabling Spaxel to be one of the most “digitally-native” firms within the real estate industry.
Spaxel currently employees over 90 professionals across our in-house acquisitions, development, construction and property management businesses. www.spaxel.com
Applicants should send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please specify the position you are applying for “Software Engineer Intern”.