Mechanical Engineer (MEP Estimator)
The MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) Estimator should be able to properly define the scope of work related to Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing trades and take an active part in the bidding process of potential subcontractors. Moreover, he/she shall be able to communicate clearly with the other members of the team and report as required to the head of the team.
- Review the MEP drawings and request instructions from the consultants for every issue with the drawings.
- Provide take-offs related to MEP.
- Prepare the budget for the MEP trades and other trades related to MEP.
- Define the scope of work for MEP trades and other trades related to MEP.
- Communicate directly with the potential subcontractors and respond to their technical questions.
- Preparation of documents as required during the bidding process.
- Analyses and comparison of the received proposals.
- Prepare the buyout package for the awarded subcontractors.
- Coordinate with the site managers and awarded subcontractors for everything related to the site.
- Review and stamp the submittals of equipment and materials related to MEP trades, prior to sending to the consultants for final review and approval.
- Proper maintenance of MEP and bidding files.
- Be willing to assist other team members and departments in achieving business goals.
- At least 1 year of experience in similar roles or industries
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering but with general knowledge in the field of electrical and plumbing.
- Note: CVs of Electrical Engineers or Plumbing engineers will be considered and are not excluded from evaluation.
- Fluent in English
- Good command of drawing software (AUTOCAD etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure, intercultural skills, and effective communication.
Spaxel owns, operates and develops distinctive real estate projects with a focus on affordable and moderate income housing. Spaxel leverages best-in-class, bleeding-edge technology and innovative operating models to execute faster, smarter and more efficiently than traditional operators.
Spaxel’s executive leadership has managed billions of dollars across the capital stack and developed and operated millions of square feet of residential and commercial assets. Our principals also hail from top tier technology companies, venture capital firms and tech-enabled real estate operators, enabling Spaxel to be one of the most “digitally-native” firms within the real estate industry.
Spaxel currently employees over 100 professionals across our in-house acquisitions, development, construction and property management businesses. www.spaxel.com
Applicants should send your CV to email@example.com. In the subject line, please specify the position you are applying for “Mechanical Engineer- MEP Estimator ”.