Spaxel owns, operates, and develops distinctive real estate projects with a focus on value-add and new construction affordable and moderate-income housing. Spaxel leverages best-in-class, bleeding-edge technology and innovative operating models to execute faster, smarter, and more efficiently than traditional operators.
Spaxel’s executive leadership has collectively raised and managed billions of dollars across the capital stack and developed and operated millions of square feet of residential and commercial assets with extensive ground-up, repositioning, and value-add experience.
Our principals also hail from top-tier technology companies, venture capital firms, and tech-enabled real estate operators, enabling Spaxel to be one of the most “digitally-native” firms within the real estate industry.
We’re looking for an experienced Construction Superintendent to join our team in the Bronx. This person will supervise the staff and will ensure projects are delivered on time. As a superintendent, your job duties will also include allocating and monitoring budgets. The role requires excellent communication skills as you will be collaborating with various people.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, and other parties involved to determine project needs.
- Set performance goals and deadlines.
- Estimate costs and ensures the project is on budget.
- Supervise staff and provide constructive feedback.
- Plan inspections and obtain construction permits from local authorities.
- Keep track of material stock and orders.
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Previous experience as a construction superintendent or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of local quality, safety, and health guidelines for construction job sites.
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes.
- Monitor work and materials to ensure quality control standards are met at various stages of the project.
- Following the project, timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain a written daily log of visitors, job actions performed, materials expended, and problems resolved on the job site.
- Responsible for site safety. Ensure the overall job site is safe for workers and visitors as well as manage compliance with established company safety policies.
- Manage the overall project and 2 weeks look ahead schedules, including creating the master schedule and updating it on a weekly basis.